Enhancing Terracotta and Stone Sealer
£25.00 – £125.00
Tiles Sealer for Natural Tiles
“Our colour enhancing sealer works on all porous tiles and has been used for over 20 years on both industrial and commercial products. We only produce the highest quality products”
This sealer is suitable for natural stone, terracotta and in fact for any porous building material giving extended protection against water penetration. It is an enhancing sealer that gives the impregnated material a greater depth of colour and a slight sheen.
This product reduces the risk of algae growth but leaves the treated area breathable. It will protect against staining, corrosion and many other harmful substances.
Fast-drying means that the surface is sealed within 4 hours but optimum performance is achieved after 10-14 days.
This is a non-hazardous, water borne sealer that is solvent and silicone free. Fully biodegradable and enhances the surface once dry.
See Data Sheet for full application details and properties.
Colour Enhancing Sealer is a non-film-forming surface impregnation, where the surface remains permeable to air and water vapour.
An enhancing effect is achieved of the colour of natural stone and porous building substrates.
Colour Enhancing Sealer prevents ingress of most types of surface contamination and is suitable for use both inside and outdoors.
Water-borne fluoropolymer dispersion.
Advantages and Characteristics
- Effective for >12 years, on vertical surfaces
- Can be applied to vertical, horizontal, inside & outside surfaces
- Prevents the penetration of water & oily liquids
- Limits efflorescence formation
- By keeping the fabric of a surface dry gives resistance to moss and lichen growth.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt. Prevents chewing-gum from sticking to treated surfaces and stops dirt due to pollution from building up again.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from repeated ‘freeze-thaw’ cycles
- Treated surfaces become easier to clean
- Non film-forming, allowing a surface to breathe
- Non-flammable; Non-hazardous & Non-toxic
- Water-borne; Solvent and silicone-free
- >95% biodegradable according to OECD standards
- UV-resistant, does not discolour. Invisible once dry
- Chemically resistant to mild acids and alkalis and de-icing salts.
- Ready to use; Easy to apply.
- Shake the container well before use
- Substrate Quality: Cracks must be repaired using a concrete/mortar repair system
- Ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dust-free and visually dry before application.
- Surface moisture content needs to be a <5% up to a depth of 1cm.
- Use neat; do not dilute
- The product will not perform if applied over non-absorbent surfaces.
- Apply using a low-pressure sprayer, roller or brush
- The treated surface has to be applied to saturation, in 1-3 applications ‘wet-on-wet’ within 10 minutes of previous application, ensuring
- 100% product efficacy. This varies with substrate, treating a small trial area is recommended to calculate actual consumption
- On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up taking care in avoiding the product to ‘run’.
- Drying time: 24 hours
- For the optimum performance: allow 5 to 7 days (avoid high pressure, steam cleaning and graffiti removal until this period has elapsed
- Do not to apply if rain is expected within 4 hours.
- Water repellence is evident after initial curing but may take up to 7 days to reach 100% efficacy.